WayBetter has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Technical Product Manager. In this role you'll be managing a specific product and be a technical liaison on a range of projects which spearhead new initiatives. You will work closely with a team of developers, data analysts, designers, and marketers. Utilizing your technical savvy, as well as business and design expertise you will be an integral part of a growing team. Ideally, you'll be an expert in at least one (and ideally more than one) of the following: e-commerce, mobile apps, paid subscriptions.
- Develop and maintain the overall product vision and strategy and effectively communicate that vision to the larger working team and executives
- Lead the entire lifecycle of product development from product vision, requirements, development, and timelines to make sure releases are delivered on time
- Measure and monitor product KPIs to evaluate usage and overall success of product features
- Define and lead internal and external integration and interoperation initiatives
- Empathize with and represent customers of varied perspectives and backgrounds
- Collect user feedback and perform user-testing to create best-in-class user experiences
- Ability to understand software architecture and technology fairly well is critical
- Ability to review code is a plus
- At least 2 years managing a software product, either currently or recently owned a product development life-cycle ideally for a mobile consumer-facing product
- 5+ years overall software industry experience
- You come from a technical, development or engineering background
- Scrappiness and an ability to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in SQL
- You’re meticulous when it comes to crafting detailed user stories, wireframes, interaction models
- You’re able to manage multiple projects at the same time and effectively communicate milestones across multiple stakeholders
- You’ve collaborated with cross-functional teams (developers, designers, brand and content marketers, external partners, and affiliates) and can adapt to speak their languages
- You have the ability to empathize with the target audience for our games
- You can iterate on products to improve customer retention, acquisition, profitability, etc.
- You’re a pro when it comes to user research, both quantitative and qualitative
Compensation and Benefits
- Generous health care coverage
- Untracked, flexible vacation policy
- Training opportunities
- Meaningful equity participation
- A healthy, collaborative, fun work environment
WayBetter is reinventing motivation itself. We make a whole new category of games that help people stick to their commitments — from eating better to exercising more to learning to cook, play the guitar, or speak Spanish. Our games use an innovative mix of manageable goals, social support, and financial incentives. DietBet launched in 2013, StepBet in 2016, RunBet in 2017, and SweatBet is coming in early 2018.
Our approach is based on behavioral science and it works. To date we’ve had 700,000 paying players who have collectively lost 9 million pounds and walked 350 million miles. And we’ve paid out over $45 million to our winners.
In our games and in our work we believe that fun is the secret to sustainable success. As such we care a lot about our culture and practice what we preach by making it enjoyable, social, and rewarding.
WayBetter is the rare company with a double bottom line: we succeed when our customers do. Our mission as a company is to improve people’s lives in very real ways.
Want to apply? Please send your resume and a note that tells us something about you that we can't pick up from your portfolio/resume.