About this Role:
As Director, Member Marketing you will be responsible for leading the consumer-facing brand and customer experience for WayBetter’s apps, (DietBet, StepBet and WayBetter) to achieve brand reach, user growth and retention goals.
What You'll Do:
- Direct the brand positioning and communications strategy at WayBetter to achieve a consistent and well differentiated value proposition in the health and wellness market
- Own the WayBetter.com website to tell our story to prospective members,
- Lead and mentor a team of 2 full time marketers, adding contractors as needed for support.
- Oversee our creative brand lead in the execution of seasonal consumer facing campaigns
- Own the “how it works” narrative for the business and develop a testing framework to evolve & tighten positioning
- Lead the annual offer calendar and testing plan in coordination with product to improve new member offer take rate & conversion.
- Lead prospect and member communications strategy across email, SMS, push and in-app.
- Partner with product to optimize communications for retention and upsell to maximize games/user.
- Lead the development of customer personas and develop a process for collecting and monitoring of voice of customer.
- Identify new opportunities for message testing across email, social and other owned channels
- Serve as a member of the marketing leadership team, driving the brand and member communications strategy of the business
Your Experience looks like:
- Experience with brand strategy, market segmentation and message testing
- Expert B2C marketer with a successful track record that includes consumer apps and/or ecommerce
- Experience with startups or scale-ups where you’ve had to be scrappy and creative
- Proven ability to lead initiatives that deliver measurable results within 1-2 month timelines and turnaround with insights and actions
- Scrappy and willing to ask for help from industry experts
- Strong and confident writer comfortable authoring and coaching others to author tight, consumer-facing language.
- Tapped into best practices in email marketing, lifecycle & content distribution
- Overseen owned channels including organic social media, e-mail and homepage positioning.
- High level of comfort and fluency with marketing funnel analytics within the app world
- A collaborative work style with particular experience helping Product Managers with their goals (and vice versa)
- Curious and passionate about life with success outside your main career track
Why work at WayBetter?
We believe that fun and social support are the keys to sustainable success. As such we care deeply about our culture and practice what we preach by fostering a work environment that’s fun, social, and rewarding. Of our 40 employees, more than half have been hired from our customer base.
Of course we offer health insurance, a 401(k), remote-work flexibility, competitive cash compensation, and meaningful equity participation. But the reason we all love working at WayBetter is because of our commitment to improving people’s lives. We do this in a unique way-by motivating customers to make positive changes as part of a supportive community with expert guidance. At WayBetter, we’re all together better.