About this role:
WayBetter is looking for a Senior Product Designer to partner with Product Managers and Engineers on multiple high priority, strategic initiatives across the company. From user acquisition and onboarding to ensuring that we provide our players with fun, motivating experiences across our games, this highly visible role will have an impact from day one.
The products you design will be used by hundreds of thousands of people, and you’ll know that you’re contributing to improving lives by helping players develop healthier habits. Given the vast audience — and unlimited potential — constant variety in this role is a given! We value drive, talent, and enthusiasm; you’ll thrive with the opportunity to make this role your own.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner effectively with product management and engineering team members to test new onboarding experiences for our products and to expand on our game experiences.
- Deliver compelling and on-brand product visions, wireframes, prototypes and UI specifications.
- Invent and iterate on visual frameworks and design patterns based on product needs and brand guidelines.
- Advance a strong point of view, supported by customer insights, design standards, and industry trends.
- Be adaptable to change and agile in your approach.
Your Experience Looks Like:
- 3+ years of experience building world-class consumer mobile apps
- Strong skills in interaction design and information architecture
- Ability to utilize research, usability tests, and data to inform design decisions
- Good eye for typography, color, and spacing
- Great self-management, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to communicate across teams and with non-designers
- Expertise conveying ideas and concepts through writing, storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Collaborating with dev teams to determine technical feasibility and ensure that shipping products are high quality
- Knowledge of how web and mobile applications work and are built
- Proficiency in Sketch is ideal, though we will consider people who have a mastery of other tools
- Ability to identify and empathize with users with varying backgrounds and needs
- Performing user research and user testing
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Past experience working on a subscription product is a plus
Headquarters New York, NY (all employees currently working remotely)
Inspiration, meet motivation.
WayBetter is a marketplace that connects leading health & wellness coaches with people who want to build positive habits. The WayBetter app couples behavioral science with gamification to help members accomplish their goals around fitness, nutrition, mindfulness, and someday a lot more.
How are we different from other fitness and wellness apps? They focus on content. We focus on motivation.
New Challenges Weekly — With a new variety of challenges starting every week, led by the world’s best coaches, there’s always something new to get started or stay on track.
Fun & Social — We make the hard work of changing habits fun through gamification along with a social feed where other members cheer you on.
Accountability — We let you bet on yourself. Get off the couch and complete the challenge and earn your bet back … plus a profit! If not, your money goes to more committed players.
WayBetter makes money from members who get access to all our challenges and coaches. Coaches earn money by bringing in new members and by having existing members play in their challenges. We’ll power up 300% in 2021 by expanding the volume and variety of challenges on our platform.
Building on the success of our first apps, DietBet and StepBet, we’ve helped 1 million people adopt new healthy habits and make long-term lifestyle changes. Along the way we’ve partnered with 300 influencer coaches who have collectively earned over $10 million.
With the launch of our flagship WayBetter app in 2020, we’re on a mission to build the world’s first goal-sharing social network.
Why Work at WayBetter?
We know from our games that fun and social support are the keys to sustainable success. As such we care deeply about our culture and practice what we preach by fostering a work environment that’s fun, social, and rewarding. Half our 45 employees were hired from our customer base.
We love working at WayBetter because we’re enthusiastic about improving people’s lives. We’ve developed an innovative solution to the hard problem of behavior change and we see the enormous potential to apply our formula to help millions of people improve their health and happiness. We recently codified our values which you can find on this page (click “explore our company values”).
We’ve raised $7.5M from fellow entrepreneurs and have grown responsibly (cashflow breakeven in 2020). We have chosen not to play the game of chasing venture capital for its own sake but we do plan to raise institutional capital in 2021 to supercharge our growth. We offer health insurance, a 401(k), remote-work flexibility, competitive cash comp, and meaningful equity participation.